Saturday, April 18, 2015

SAQA Indiana meeting.

 Friday I had a pleasant day in Indianapolis at the
Indianapolis Museum of Art. The Indiana SAQA
met to discuss a show we will have at the IMA
in 2016 honoring the quilt life of Marie Webster.
"Dialogues: Contemporary Responses to Marie
Webster Quilts."
We had a great lunch meeting led by
Daren Pitts Redman and Kate Lenkowsky.
 It was nice to renew acquaintances with other
fiber artist from Indiana. We try to meet a couple
of times a year. Next meeting will be in
 Lafayette hosted by the FibR group.
 The meeting was very informative and
helped me gain some insight into what
I can create for this show.
Marie quilted with a pastel palette and
was a traditional quilter. She created patterns
for others to follow. You all know I cannot
follow a pattern and have not done pastels
YET.
Something new for me. A good stretch.
 Lively discussions were had by all.
 We finished up with a tour led by 
Niloo Paydar through the fashion exhibit
Cutting-edge Fashion: Recent Acquisitions.
 .Niloo Paydar is the IMA's curator of
Textiles and Fashion Arts.
I enjoyed how passionate Niloo Paydar was
about fashion and textile
and so knowledgeable about fashion through
the ages. Next post I will show you some
of the unique fashions.

No comments:

Post a Comment